If you are new to the world of trading and looking for a reliable and user-friendly platform, then Trading 212 may be just what you need.
With its advanced features and investment options, it has quickly become a popular choice among both experienced and new traders.
In my Trading 212 review, I will guide you through the unique features of this platform and help you determine if it’s the best option for you.
Let’s start with some background information on Trading 212.
Table of Contents
What Is Trading 212?
Trading 212 is a popular trading platform based in London that was launched in the UK in 2013.
It aims to make trading in various assets easy and accessible to everyone.
One of its key features is its Zero commission fee structure, which means you can trade without worrying about additional costs.
Trading 212 provides a wide range of investment options that are great for investors like you.
They include the following:
- Global CFDs: These allow you to trade on several financial instruments, such as indices and commodities. By investing in Global CFDs, you can diversify your portfolio and take advantage of different market trends.
- Global stocks: If you’re interested in investing in companies worldwide, Trading 212 provides this opportunity. As you start trading in global stocks, you can capitalise on the growth potential of various industries and markets.
- ETFs: Trading 212 also offers Exchange Traded Funds, which are a popular choice among investors who want to invest in different assets.
- Forex: Lastly, the platform provides access to the forex market, where you can trade forex (currencies) and take advantage of fluctuations in exchange rates.
With all these investment options, Trading 212 caters to all types of investors and provides great opportunities for your funds to grow and reach profitability.
Account Features & Benefits
Trading 212 offers the following four different types of accounts, each with its own unique features and benefits.
Trading 212 Invest
One of the best things about this account is that you don’t need to start with a large sum of money. With just £1, you can start your trading journey. This makes it a great choice for those who are new to investing.
Another great feature of this account is the option to buy fractional shares. Instead of investing in a full share, you can buy a stock that is less than one full share.
Trading 212 CFD
On the other hand, Trading 212 CFD is great for professional investors with months or years of experience analysing the market.
If you’re a beginner, I would advise you to gain enough experience before trying this account, as it requires knowledge and skills to estimate if an asset’s price might rise or fall.
With this account, experienced investors can trade forex, stocks, and commodities.
Trading 212 Pro
As the name suggests, this account best suits experienced and professional traders.
It’s a professional CFD trading platform and account that provides advanced features and tools to enhance your trading.
To be eligible for this account, you need to meet the following criteria:
- You should have previously held another account, such as the Trading 212 CFD account
- You should have at least one year of work experience in a financial sector position
- Your investment portfolio should amount to up to 500,000 EUR
Trading 212 ISA
With the Trading 212 ISA account, you can invest while enjoying a tax-free advantage.
To get started, you will need to create your portfolio and begin trading.
Additionally, the Trading 212 ISA account also offers fractional shares, just like the Trading 212 Invest account.
Fees & Pricing Structure
When it comes to trading fees, Trading 212 offers competitive prices that are pocket-friendly.
With its zero-commission platform, you won’t have to worry about any additional charges on your trades.
Here’s the breakdown of Trading 212’s pricing structure:
- Free account opening
- No account inactivity fees
- No withdrawal charge
- Free deposits until you £2,000, after which you’ll be charged a 0.7% deposit
- No foreign exchange fees
With such a transparent and low pricing structure, Trading 212 is among the best platforms for traders.
Funding your Trading 212 account is made easy with several methods available.
You can use debit or credit cards, Skrill, Google Pay, or Apple Pay.
The friendly nature of these payment options makes it convenient for you to manage your trading account.
Security & Regulatory Compliance
If you’re wondering if your money is safe with Trading 212, rest assured that the platform is safe.
It’s regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and complies with its regulations.
For example, they pull users’ funds into a ‘client money bank account’ that’s separate from what they use for their own margin trading.
Moreover, they implement the following security measure:
- Web Application Firewalls: This ensures that unauthorised people can’t access your personal data from their platform
- Scheduled Vulnerabilities Testing: The platform conducts occasional system penetration tests to identify and resolve any potential issues before hackers can exploit them.
- Two-Factor Authentication: Additionally, the platform supports 2FA, which requires you to log into your account with both a password and a unique code. This gives your account an extra layer of protection.
As you use the Trading 212 trading platform, you’ll have access to these trading tools to enhance your investing experience.
- Search Function: This allows you to easily find specific stocks or assets, saving you time and effort.
- Price Alerts and Notifications: This feature keeps you updated on executed orders and important market news, ensuring that you never miss out on potential opportunities.
- Reports: These reports can provide you with valuable information about your investment habits, such as the interest you’ve earned.
These tools from Trading 212 can help you make informed decisions and manage your investments effectively.
As an investor on the Trading 212 trading platform, you can also take advantage of these investor resources that add value to your trading journey.
- Daily Trading Ideas: These insights and recommendations can help you identify potential trading opportunities.
- A Technical Indicator: With Trading 212, you’ll get access to a technical indicator with data-driven analysis. This can help you make more informed decisions based on market trends.
- Economic Calendar: The platform provides an economic calendar where you can stay informed about upcoming events and economic indicators that may impact the market.
- Technical Analysis: Through the site, you can get a technical market analysis with expert insights and analysis to support your investment strategies.
- Tutorials: Lastly, tutorials are available to help you understand the platform’s features and easily navigate the trading process.
Trading 212 designed these resources to support traders on their platform with the knowledge they need for successful investing.
Trading 212 offers one of the best trading apps in the UK.
If you sign up for the platform and download the app, you’ll find that it’s great, no matter if you’re an experienced trader or a beginner investor.
The mobile app’s standout feature is its demo account, allowing you to experiment without risking your money.
Setting up the app is also easy, even if you’re not tech-savvy.
Based on TrustPilot reviews, Trading 212 has fast response times and provides relevant customer support.
The best part is that their support is available 24/7, and they offer assistance in 16 different languages.
This ensures that you can get help whenever you need it.
Pros & Cons of Trading 212
Trading 212 has several pros that make it a popular choice for traders.
Some of these advantages include:
- Zero Commission Investing: This means that the platform won’t charge you extra money when investing so you can save on each trade
- Fractional Shares: With the fractional shares option, you can invest in prominent companies such as Apple, Amazon, and Tesla without having to buy a whole share.
- Several Investment Options: These include ETFs and global stocks, so you can have the flexibility to diversify your portfolio
- Competitive Prices: Trading 212 offers users the opportunity for you to start trading with only £1. Moreover, the platform also doesn’t charge withdrawal and account inactivity fees.
- Extensive 24/7 Customer Support: Trading 212’s customer service is both fast and efficient.
- User-Friendly Mobile App: Using their app, you can trade conveniently on the go.
- Great Security: Lastly, the platform’s two-factor authentication gives traders peace of mind that their accounts are protected from hackers.
However, Trading 212 does have a few cons that you should consider as well:
- No Copy Trading: It doesn’t support copy trading like other platforms such as eToro, one of the best copy trading platforms in the UK. Copy trading allows you to automatically replicate the trades of successful traders.
- No Cryptocurrency Options: Additionally, Trading 212 does not support cryptocurrencies, which could be a setback if you’re interested in this asset.
Despite these drawbacks, the advantages of Trading 212 outnumber its disadvantages, making it a great option for traders
Alternatives to Trading 212
If you’re interested in exploring other options besides Trading 212, here are some great and similar choices:
- Moneyfarm: This reputable platform uses technology to make investing simple and accessible to a wide audience. Some of the highlights of Moneyfarm include its competitive fees and simple user interface. The downside is the platform has a minimum investment requirement of £500 which may be high for some traders.
- Moneybox: This investment platform offers various investment options, such as General Investment accounts and Stocks. One of the highlights of Moneybox is its extensive educational resources that are suitable for beginners and its simple user interface. The downside is if you have several accounts, you can’t move your funds between them. Read my complete Moneybox review.
- FinecoBank: This investment service provider offers several financial services to investors. Some highlights of FinecoBank include its multi-currency accounts, where traders can transact in different currencies, and its competitive pricing. The downside of the platform is it has standard charting tools. Read my complete FinecoBank review.
Trading 212 Review – Final Thoughts
If you’re looking for a low-cost investment platform, Trading 212 is a great choice.
The platform has great security features, a user-friendly app, 24/7 customer service, and, best of all, its commission free.
I hope my review has given you valuable insights into Trading 212 and whether it’s the right trading platform for you.
Is Trading 212 safe in the UK?
Yes, Trading 212 is considered safe for UK users. It is regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which ensures that the platform operates in compliance with strict financial standards and provides an added layer of protection for investors. Trading 212’s FCA regulation helps to instill confidence in users regarding the security and reliability of the platform. However, as with any investment service, users should also exercise caution and conduct their research before making any financial decisions.
Is Trading 212 any good?
Yes, Trading 212 is generally considered a good investment platform. It offers a user-friendly interface, a wide range of financial instruments, and commission-free trading, making it popular among investors, especially beginners.