By market cap, XRP ranks among the top cryptocurrencies in the world, making it one of the most traded crypto assets.
Since storing your XRP investment is more important than buying it, the search for the best XRP wallet for UK traders continues to be a controversial topic, especially for new traders.
My guide will cover everything you must consider before choosing an XRP wallet. I will also share my picks of the best XRP wallets available in the UK.
Table of Contents
Best XRP Wallet Reviews
Take a look at the list I’ve prepared below of the top XRP wallets available in the United Kingdom.
I’ve picked two hardware wallets (cold wallets) and one software wallet (hot wallets). Cold wallets are widely acknowledged for their enhanced safety compared to hot wallets, while hot wallets provide greater convenience and simplicity.
After the reviews, I’ll explain the differences in more detail.
1. Ledger Nano X
If you’re searching for the best XRP wallet, look no further than the Ledger Nano X.
This premier hardware wallet offers unparalleled security and convenience for managing your cryptocurrencies and NFTs.
The Ledger Nano X stands out as the top choice due to its impressive features and robust performance.
With support for over 5,500 coins and tokens, including popular cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, Ethereum, and XRP, this device provides access to a vast array of digital assets.
Moreover, the wallet allows you to install up to 100 apps, enabling seamless management of multiple assets simultaneously.
One key feature that sets the Ledger Nano X apart is its Bluetooth connectivity, which allows you to connect the wallet to your phone. This wireless connection offers the convenience of managing your crypto and NFTs on the go.
The device boasts a large screen that enhances usability and provides a user-friendly interface for effortless navigation.
The Ledger Nano X also enables you to earn rewards by staking Ethereum, Solana, Cosmos, and more through the Ledger Live app. This feature empowers you to passively grow your assets while securely storing them on the Ledger Nano X.
What makes the Ledger Nano X the ultimate XRP wallet is its certification with the CC EAL5+ security standard. This esteemed certification represents the highest security level attainable for consumer devices.
By meeting this standard, the Ledger Nano X offers an additional layer of confidence regarding its robust security measures and the protection of your private keys.
In conclusion, the Ledger Nano X surpasses expectations as an outstanding hardware wallet, combining industry-leading security with user-friendly functionality.
With its extensive coin and token support, Bluetooth connectivity, large screen, staking capabilities, and high-security certification, it emerges as the ideal choice for individuals seeking a reliable and convenient solution to manage their XRP and other crypto investments, as well as NFTs.
2. Trezor One
When it comes to finding a good XRP wallet, the Trezor One stands out as a well-established and reliable hardware wallet that prioritises the secure storage of your cryptocurrencies.
Trezor’s unique physical security flow ensures that every operation you perform is deliberate and legitimate.
With independent verification and physical confirmation directly on your Trezor Model One hardware wallet, you can have complete confidence when engaging in buying, selling, and trading XRP and other coins.
Security is a top priority for Trezor, and the Trezor One offers multiple layers of protection. It features a user-defined PIN of up to 50 digits, which safeguards your device against unauthorized access.
For an additional layer of access security, you can set up a passphrase—a user-generated combination of letters, words, phrases, and spaces—required for physical access to your Trezor hardware wallet.
In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the Trezor One allows you to create a multi-word recovery seed. This seed serves as a backup of your wallet, ensuring quick and easy recovery of your funds.
By securely storing your recovery seed, you can have peace of mind knowing that your crypto assets are protected, even in the face of unexpected events.
The Trezor One supports an impressive range of 1,289 coins and tokens, making it compatible with a vast majority of popular cryptocurrencies. This extensive coin support enables you to manage a diverse portfolio within a single device, offering convenience and flexibility.
While the Trezor One may not provide all the advanced features of newer models, it remains a trusted and cost-effective hardware wallet solution.
Its focus on security, user-defined PIN and passphrase, multi-word recovery seed, and extensive coin support make it an excellent choice for individuals seeking reliable protection for their XRP and other digital assets.
The Exodus wallet is an excellent choice for individuals seeking a reliable and user-friendly XRP wallet. With its combination of intuitive design, robust security features, and broad coin support, Exodus offers a compelling solution for managing your XRP holdings.
One of the standout features of the Exodus wallet is its user-friendly interface. The wallet’s intuitive design makes it easy for both beginners and experienced users to navigate and manage their XRP funds. The sleek and visually appealing interface enhances the overall user experience, allowing for effortless transactions and account monitoring.
When it comes to security, Exodus prioritizes the protection of your digital assets. The wallet utilizes industry-standard encryption and employs a hierarchical deterministic (HD) wallet structure, which generates a unique address for each transaction. This approach enhances the security of your XRP holdings, minimizing the risk of unauthorized access.
Exodus also empowers users with full control over their private keys. You have the option to export your keys, giving you the flexibility to access your XRP funds outside the Exodus wallet if needed. This feature ensures that you retain ownership and control over your assets at all times.
Furthermore, the Exodus wallet supports a wide range of cryptocurrencies, including XRP. This versatility allows you to manage multiple digital assets within a single wallet, simplifying your portfolio management and eliminating the need for multiple wallets.
Another notable advantage of Exodus is its built-in exchange feature. With this functionality, you can seamlessly swap one cryptocurrency for another, including XRP, without needing to leave the wallet interface. This integration saves time and provides a convenient solution for exchanging your assets.
Overall, the Exodus wallet stands out as a top-notch choice for storing and managing XRP. Its user-friendly interface, robust security measures, full control over private keys, broad coin support, and integrated exchange feature make it an appealing option for individuals seeking a reliable and convenient XRP wallet solution.
Cold Wallets vs Hot Wallets
When it comes to storing your XRP, you have the option to choose between cold wallets and hot wallets.
Understanding the difference between these two types of wallets is crucial for effectively managing the security and accessibility of your digital assets.
Cold Wallets: A cold wallet, also known as a hardware wallet or offline wallet, is a physical device designed to securely store your cryptocurrencies offline. These wallets provide the highest level of security as they are not connected to the internet when storing or conducting transactions. Cold wallets are typically USB-like devices that store your private keys and require physical access to initiate any transaction.
Advantages of Cold Wallets:
- Enhanced Security: Since cold wallets are offline, they are immune to online threats such as hacking and malware. Private keys are stored securely on the device, reducing the risk of unauthorised access.
- Protection against Online Vulnerabilities: Cold wallets are not susceptible to online vulnerabilities such as phishing attacks or keylogging, making them a highly secure option for the long-term storage of cryptocurrencies.
- Peace of Mind: Knowing that your digital assets are stored offline provides peace of mind, particularly for long-term or large holdings.
Hot Wallets: A hot wallet, also referred to as a software wallet or online wallet, is a digital wallet that operates on devices connected to the internet. Hot wallets can be accessed through web browsers or mobile applications, offering convenient access to your cryptocurrencies for everyday transactions.
Advantages of Hot Wallets:
- Convenience: Hot wallets provide instant access to your funds, allowing you to make quick transactions and manage your cryptocurrencies on the go.
- Easy Integration: Hot wallets are often compatible with various platforms and can easily integrate with decentralised applications (DApps) and exchanges, facilitating seamless trading and interaction with the crypto ecosystem.
- Flexibility: Hot wallets offer a wide range of features and functionalities, including staking, lending, and integration with decentralized finance (DeFi) protocols, enabling you to maximize the utility of your cryptocurrencies.
Choosing the Right Wallet: Choosing between a cold wallet and a hot wallet depends on your specific needs and priorities.
Cold wallets are ideal for long-term storage and safeguarding significant amounts of cryptocurrencies, while hot wallets provide convenience and accessibility for frequent transactions and interactions within the crypto space.
Many individuals opt for a combination of both wallet types, using a cold wallet for long-term storage and a hot wallet for everyday use. This approach maximises security while ensuring convenient access to funds when needed.
Ultimately, striking the right balance between security and accessibility is key when deciding between cold wallets and hot wallets, ensuring the protection and usability of your valuable digital assets.
How to Choose the Best XRP Wallet UK
When selecting the best XRP wallet in the UK, there are several important factors to consider to ensure the security, functionality, and convenience of your XRP holdings.
Here are key considerations to help you make an informed decision:
- Security: Prioritise wallets with robust security measures, such as encryption, two-factor authentication (2FA), and multi-signature support. Look for wallets that allow you to maintain full control over your private keys, as this gives you ownership and minimises the risk of unauthorised access.
- Reputation and Trustworthiness: Opt for wallets with a solid reputation and positive user reviews. Research the wallet provider’s track record, security audits, and any past security incidents to gauge their reliability and trustworthiness.
- Compatibility: Ensure that the wallet you choose supports XRP and is compatible with the devices you intend to use, such as desktop computers, mobile devices, or hardware wallets. Consider wallets that offer cross-platform functionality for added flexibility.
- User Experience: Look for wallets with user-friendly interfaces and intuitive navigation, especially if you are new to cryptocurrency wallets. A seamless user experience enhances your ability to manage, send, and receive XRP effectively.
- Additional Features: Consider any additional features that may be important to you. This could include integration with exchanges, staking capabilities, portfolio tracking, or support for other cryptocurrencies if you plan to diversify your holdings.
- Development and Support: Assess the wallet’s development team and ongoing support. Regular updates and prompt customer support indicate a commitment to maintaining and improving the wallet’s functionality and security.
- Reputation in the XRP Community: Check the wallet’s reputation within the XRP community. Look for endorsements or recommendations from reputable XRP-related sources, such as forums, online communities, or official Ripple channels.
- Regulations and Compliance: Ensure that the wallet provider adheres to regulatory standards and compliance requirements within the UK. This helps protect your interests and ensures the legality of your transactions.
By considering these factors, you can narrow down your options and choose the best XRP wallet in the UK that aligns with your security needs, usability preferences, and long-term goals for managing your XRP holdings.
How Do I Set Up an XRP Wallet?
To set up an XRP wallet, follow these general steps:
- Choose a Wallet: Select a reputable XRP wallet provider that suits your needs, such as a hardware wallet, software wallet, or mobile wallet.
- Download or Access the Wallet: If using a software or mobile wallet, download the wallet app from the official source. Connect the device to your computer or mobile device for a hardware wallet.
- Create a New Wallet: Follow the wallet’s instructions to create a new wallet. This typically involves setting a strong password and generating a unique recovery phrase.
- Write Down the Recovery Phrase: Carefully write down and store the recovery phrase in a safe place. It serves as a backup to restore your wallet in case of loss or device failure.
- Secure Your Wallet: Enable additional security measures, such as two-factor authentication (2FA) or PIN codes, if available. Regularly update your wallet software for the latest security patches.
- Receive XRP: Obtain your XRP wallet address from the wallet interface. Share this address with others to receive XRP into your wallet.
- Backup Your Wallet: Periodically create backups of your wallet, including the recovery phrase, and store them securely offline.
- Test and Use: Send a small amount of XRP to your wallet to verify that transactions are working correctly. You can now use your XRP wallet to send, receive, and manage your XRP holdings.
Remember, specific wallet providers may have slight variations in the setup process, so always refer to their official instructions or documentation for precise steps.
As discussed, cold storage wallets are the best wallets to safely store your XRP and other cryptocurrencies (Ledger or Trezor).
However, if you’re a frequent trader looking for a secured hot wallet, Exodus will be perfect for your needs.
Keep those precious coins safe!
What is the safest XRP wallet?
Hardware wallets, such as Ledger Nano X, Trezor One, or KeepKey, are considered the safest XRP wallets. They offer offline storage, strong encryption, and secure elements to protect your XRP private keys from online threats.
Is XRP safe on Coinbase?
Yes, XRP is generally considered safe on Coinbase as it is a reputable and regulated cryptocurrency exchange. They have security measures in place to protect user funds, including secure storage and stringent security protocols.
What is the best XRP hardware wallet?
The Ledger Nano X is considered one of the best XRP hardware wallets available, providing enhanced security and convenient storage for XRP and other cryptocurrencies.